Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Kids' Picks

It's Kids' Picks Day over at 5 Minutes for Books.  Click on over to check it out!  There is always an open invite to join in or follow along.  Either way it's a great way to see what other parents are reading to/with their children and what they have to say about the books and stories being read.  If you don't have children, but love to read...  Click here to view the other carnival themes that you can participate in or again, just follow along.  Avid readers must stop by!


Ever since we read Tiger, Tiger, my son gets excited about any books that have Tigers, so I couldn't resist on picking this one up for him.

Home for a Tiger Home for a Bear by Brenda Williams and Illustrated by Rosamund Fowler (Ages 4-8)

Rhyming lyrics throughout the story of types of animals and what habitat you can find them in is quite fun.  "Leaping tiger, eyes like glass.  Likes to hide in jungle grass."  or "Shiny, slippery, slimy snail.  Has a shell for head and tail."

All three of them would squeal with delight each time we would discover a new place where animals live.  The only thing I (as the reader/narrator) of the book didn't like is sometimes, it didn't rhyme, so when I'm expecting a word to rhyme and it didn't - I'd get tongue tied, but they didn't care.

So what interests do your children have?  What books are they most into now?  Leave a comment and I'll be sure to stop by, I always love to see what others are reading and sharing.

Happy reading!

6 comments:

Bluestocking 12/16/08, 8:02 AM  

I reviewed a book for older kids.

Beedle the Bard

Alicia 12/16/08, 8:43 AM  

Sounds like a fun book. Great to learn about it!

Z-Kids 12/16/08, 12:20 PM  

Got a couple of great tiger book for you... Check out "The Cinder-Eyed Cats" by Eric Rohmann and "Augustus and His Smile" by Catherine Rayner. Two of my faves!
Z-Dad

Jennifer, Snapshot 12/16/08, 2:08 PM  

It does sound great, and the illustrations look nice based on the cover.

Carrie 12/16/08, 2:19 PM  

Looks like fun! THanks for sharing. I can see my son really enjoying this book.

Alyce 12/16/08, 2:55 PM  

I like it when books rhyme all the time too. It's funny how those things matter less to kids.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP